Quality Homes + Density
How we design our cities today will save lives tomorrow
Covid-19 has focused people's life on their homes. Some people have found their homes are not fit for purpose. In some cases the way people live has directly contributed to increased rates of infection.
In this IdeasSPACE we want to explore how we might design our homes in the future taking on board lessons learned in recent months:
- What does a high quality home look like?
- Is Covid changing our perception of what good homes look like in terms of typologies and resulting densities ?
- And the final question we will explore is how can we deliver high quality homes for all?
Hosted by Katja Stille Tibbalds Urban Design and Planning
- Annalie Riches Mikhail Riches Architects, Director
- Hillary Satchwell Tibbalds, Director and Mayor's Design Advocate
- Irina Merryweather Taylor Wimpey Group, Urban Designer
The Urban Design Group is hosting a series of webinars with experts and thought leaders to help formulate the action we must take to now overcome this crisis and prepare ourselves for the next.
The events are open to all. Participants should also be aware that the webinars will be recorded and made available on our ideasSPACE Youtube playlist