The Planning White Paper: Digital Futures
The Planning White Paper suggests a revolution in the way planning is undertaken, with an end to the era of notices stuck on lampposts and a move to comprehensive use of 21st century digital technology.
Katja Stille Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design
A VISION FOR A GIS ENABLED PLANNING SYSTEM
Sue James The Edge
THE PLANNING WHITE PAPER DIGITAL FUTURES: WHAT IT SAYS
Chris Sharpe Holistic City Software
THE ATTITUDES TOWARDS A DIGITAL FUTURE FOR PLANNING... CAD / GIS / Public Involvement – Survey Findings
Leslie Howson Urban Design Solutions
GOING UNDERGROUND: the importance of digital subsurface design and planning
Liz Reynolds Think Deep UK
Summary of the Planning White paper
Digital-first approach to modernise the planning process, moving from a process based on documents to a process driven by data
- Digital tools for civic engagement - Support local planning authorities to use digital tools to support a new civic engagement process for local plans and decision-making
- Digital Planning - Insist local plans are built on standardised, digitally consumable rules and data: interactive maps that show what can be built where
- Supporting data - Standardise, and make openly and digitally accessible, other critical datasets that the planning system relies on, including planning decisions and developer contributions
- Digital planning application process - Work with tech companies and local authorities to modernise the software used for making and case-managing a planning application
- Engage with the UK PropTech sector through a PropTech Innovation Council
Automated screening of proposals: wherever feasible, local plans etc to be suitable for use by digital services to enable automatic screening of development proposals, helping to identify where they align with policies and/or codes.
Proposal 7: Local Plans should be visual and map-based, standardised, based on the latest digital technology, and supported by a new template.
|00:00:00||Katja Stille UDG Incoming Chair / Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design|
|00:02:49||Sue James The Edge|
|00:09:58||Chris Sharpe Holistic City, Director of City Design Software|
|00:18:45||Leslie Howson Urban Design Solutions.|
|00:25:31||Liz Reynolds Think Deep UK.|
|00:33:14||Questions and discussion|
This is the second in a four part series of events on the Planning White Paper - to see previous and forthcoming events visit the UDG events page.
Recordings can be viewed on our White Paper playlist on youtube.