Future High Streets
Wednesday 29 April 2020 - 17:30 to 18:30
This event takes the theme of the recent edition of URBAN DESIGN : High Streets, and projects it into a post Covid-19 world.
- Should we think about High Streets as balanced local economies, as they once were, with a mix of manufacture, residential, leisure, commerce and trade?
- Are we blinded by focusing on the ground floor high street uses, while ignoring what goes on above and behind the high street?
- Has internet retail doomed traditional place based retail, or is the problem an unfair tax and employment regime against which place-based retail cannot compete.
- Will global supply chains start to contract, becoming increasingly focused on local production, and the local economy?
Chaired by Leo Hammond LSH and Chair, Urban Design Group
- Neil Bennett Farrells, Partner
- David Harrison London Living Streets, Vice Chair
- Steve Norris LSH, Head of Planning, Development and Regeneration,
- Mark Davy Futurecity, Founder & CEO