Matthew has over 17 years’ experience in urban design and placemaking – in recent years with a focus on strategic masterplanning and bringing forward large scale (housing-led) regeneration schemes.
A summary of major work delivered includes:
- Local authority design advisor and design champion.
- Assessing and facilitating 100’s of major (50+ home) schemes over the last decade.
- Many local and area wide design guides and masterplans
- Award-winning high-street regeneration schemes
- City Centre Public Realm Framework
- Award winning housing schemes (including design codes)
- Major 5300+ home Strategic Masterplan (NW Preston) – RTPI National Award Shortlisted (2018)
- Strategic 1600+ home Regeneration Framework SPD – City Centre
Matthew is committed to promoting higher standards of urban design and the principles of the UDG.
His mission is to help people create high quality, sustainable places that we can all be proud of.
He is committed to helping create sustainable (zero carbon) development & communities and tackling the climate and health emergencies. He sees the recovery from these crises as interlinked.
Urban design and sustainable placemaking can and should play a key role in building back better, fairer, greener, cleaner, and safer.
Feel free to connect with Matthew via the links provided.
- BA (Hons) Architecture
- MA Architecture & Urbanism (Manchester)
- Urban Design Group Recognised Practitioner