Dr Deb Upadhyaya
Deb is a professionally trained architect, urban designer and planner, leading delivery of exemplar large scale and complex housing, regeneration and garden communities’ projects both in the public and private sector, for over 20 years.
A passionate advocate of sustainable urbanism, delivery of quality places and value creation through collaboration/ design led innovation, he champions inclusion and diversity as the fundamental building blocks of delivering resilient built environments for the future.
He works as the Manager – Garden Towns and Villages with a national remit at Homes England - the government's housing accelerator. In a voluntary capacity, he is also a Board Director at The Academy of Urbanism, Design Council Expert and an independent design panel member for Essex Quality Review Panel.
He mentors young professionals, delivers invited lectures at Universities, international symposiums and pursues practice-led research on delivering quality and at pace in partnership with academia, professional bodies and the built environment sector on sustainable development goals, smart technologies and climate change.
A Chartered Town Planner, Chartered Manager, Academician, Recognised Practitioner in Urban Design and a Fellow at The RSA (The Royal Society for Arts, Manufactures and Commerce), he has a Doctorate in Philosophy on Changing Paradigms of Evolving City Centers and an Executive MBA from the University of Sheffield. He studied B.Arch (Gold Medalist) at National Institute of Technology, Raipur and M.Arch (Urban Design) at Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology, Ahmedabad (both in India).
- PhD, Doctorate in Philosophy, The University of Sheffield
- MBA, Executive Master’s in business administration, The University of Sheffield
- M. Arch (Urban Design), Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology, India
- B. Arch (Gold Medal), National Institute of Technology, Raipur, India
- Dip. Project Management, Ahmedabad Management Association, India
- Chartered Management Institute Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership