Colin is a NSW Registered Architect with over 30 years’ experience in the design and delivery of a wide variety of built environment projects. He is Director of Studio Colin Polwarth PL which specialises in infrastructure design, urban design, architecture, masterplanning and transdisciplinary expertise in fine and public art. Colin graduated from the University of Cape Town in 1991/2 with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture and completed a Master of Architecture by research through the University of Natal, Durban in 1994, in the same year he completed a Diploma in Business Management. Colin completed a Master of Art by painting with Excellence from UNSW Art and Design (formerly COFA) in 2016. Colin is currently researching the relationship of autonomous vehicles, cities, human behaviour and semiotics in the a PhD Architecture school part-time, remote candidate at the Royal College of Art, London.
Colin founded the creative practice of Studio Colin Polwarth PL in 2012 and is collaborating on a number of landmark projects with artists, scientists, engineers and planners. Studio Colin Polwarth is a certified integrated management company including ISO9001:2015 Quality, ISO14001:2015 Environment and ISO 450001:2018 Work Health and Safety. Studio Colin Polwarth is a multiple award winning practice.
- PhD candidate Royal College of Art, London (part-time remote)
- Master of Art in painting (Award with Excellence), UNSW Art and Design, 2016
- Master of Architecture, (research) University of Natal, Durban, SA, 1994
- Bachelor of Architecture, University of Cape Town, SA, 1992
- Diploma in Business Management, Damelin, SA, 1992
- A+ Member of the Australian Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Registered Architect 6465, Board of Architects NSW, nominated architect
- Affiliate member Australian Institute of Landscape Architects (AILA)
- Member of Environmental Design Research Association (EDRA)
- Accredited ISO Quality Auditor 2014