Bicester Garden City Masterplan
Following the creation of a long term vision for Bicester, we successfully promoted the town to be chosen as the site for the coalition’s second new Garden City.
The masterplan promotes an enlarged and vibrant town with a comprehensive range of employment opportunities and local facilities to complement the expanded role the town will play in the region. The masterplan comprises a set of strategic objectives to guide development, a series of masterplans to demonstrate how the objectives are achieved, and key policies and actions to deliver the planned changes. It indicates where and what type of new development is proposed and the strategic linkages between them.
The masterplan will enable the following outputs to be delivered:
- between 15,000 and 20,000 new jobs on land allocated for economic growth;
- increased town centre activity and new jobs;
- a total of up to 13,000 new homes;
- 440 hectares of land allocated for green infrastructure;
- land identified as a green setting between Bicester and its surrounding villages; and,
- an improved strategic transport network.