Position: Principal / Senior Urban Designer
Area of Expertise: Design
Contract Type: Permanent – Full time
At Pegasus Group we bring to life potential through beautiful design.
From large scale urban extensions and strategies for area regeneration to renewable energy and residential schemes, our expert design teams have a thorough understanding of planning policies and know exactly what’s required to make projects a success.
We are looking for an experienced Urban Designer to join our Design team in Bristol. Whether you are a Masterplanner, Layout Designer, Architect or Urban Designer we would love to hear from you as we seek to appoint the best suited candidate to work with us on an array of exciting, complex projects stretching across the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a strong team of designers and architects and be involved in urban design and planning work, feasibility studies, layout designs, development briefs and design strategies for residential, mixed-use schemes and more.
For more information on our projects and type of work Click Here
Since 2003, Pegasus Group has grown consistently, enjoying a reputation in the market for excellence and delivery. We know we have achieved this through our excellent staff, and we ensure that individual contribution and achievements are recognised.
Our people are the foundation upon which our success is built, and we have no doubt that diversity is at the core of being a successful company. We value and empower our staff, and together we are building and maintaining a culture of inclusion and belonging that we have today. We care about each other, our communities around them and our clients and we want every single person in our community to be able to bring their authentic, best self to work every day.
What are we looking for.
We are seeking professional designers who can demonstrate the following:
- Hold a relevant Undergraduate Degree, Masters or Diploma in Urban Design / Architecture / Built Environment
- Work experience in private practice / consultancy or a commercial housebuilding operation.
- Experience of detailed design/RMA
- Outline application experience
- A working knowledge of the planning system with an ability to interpret and adapt to specific local authority design guidance.
- Knowledge of CAD software packages. Experience in Vectorworks and/or Sketchup would be an advantage but not essential.
- Work independently with other consultants.
- Confident liaising with clients, building relationships and understanding client requirements.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and interdisciplinary skills.
- Self-motivated with an excellent eye for detail.
What are the rewards working with us.
We offer an excellent remuneration and overall benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Regular reviews
- Contractual bonus scheme
Protecting your Health & Future
- 7% salary contribution towards your pension in a reputable scheme
- Generous annual leave including several gift days during the Christmas period.
- Private health insurance scheme and life assurance for all our employees.
- Regular employee events – Social, CPD, fundraising, networking, conferences
- Summer Days Out / Christmas Lunch
- Annual Employee Conference Day
- Reward Hub Discounts
As well as our benefits package, we are committed to helping you reach your full potential and support with a range of training and development initiatives throughout your whole career, enabling you to learn and progress through our stepping stones programme.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application via our careers page using this link
Make sure to include a copy of your most up to date CV/Portfolio outlining your experience and skill set to date and why you are interested in applying for this role.