Urban Designer / Senior Urban Designer
Thrive is looking for a dynamic and skilled Urban Designer/Senior Urban Designer to join our creative and collaborative Urban Design team in London or Romsey.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who has a passion for learning and creating high-quality, lasting places that foster a sense of community and healthy living.
As part of the Urban Design team, you will work on a variety of masterplans, and urban design projects, outline applications and design codes, and carry out and oversee the preparation of supporting drawings, character assessments, conceptual and feasibility studies, development briefs and detailed design guidance. Working with a wider team, you will support/manage small/middle-size projects while mentoring junior team members and be a key player in delivering large strategic masterplans.
Key Attributes and Skills Needed:
• Minimum of 3+ years of UK based experience working in an architectural/ urban design practice on residential and mixed use schemes
• A postgraduate (Master’s) degree in urban design with a background in architecture, other backgrounds will be considered based on portfolio and experience
• A strong portfolio with excellent creative design and graphic skills
• Excellent communication skills for effective teamwork, client and stakeholder engagement, both written and spoken
• Good problem-solving skills and approach
• Proficient in using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, AutoCAD and/or Sketchup rendering/visualisation packages
• Good hand-drawing skills
• Ability to manage time, workload and tight deadlines while remaining focused, calm and professional
• Willingness to learn and share knowledge, and have a keen desire to progress
What We Offer:
• Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
• Flexible hybrid working arrangements – part office-based/part WFH
• 21 days holiday
• Christmas shutdown
• Company pension scheme (Royal London)
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee Wellbeing Support (BUPA)
• Eyecare Scheme
• Employee retail discount scheme (Edenred)
• Modern open-plan studio
• A friendly and inclusive environment with an active calendar of social events
• Promotion opportunities
• Continuous training and a well establish internal CPD programme
• Convenient location with free parking on site in Romsey/close to Blackfriars tube station in London
Thrive Architects actively supports and encourages career development and is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
check out our website careers page: https://www.thrivearchitects.co.uk/career/urban-designer-senior-urban-designer/