Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Mace Design, part of Mace Consult is a specialist urban design, architectural and engineering team and an integral part of the Mace family. We deliver projects nationally for both public and private sectors including government departments, local authorities and private developers.
The Mace Placemaking Team work on a broad variety of projects including town centre frameworks, site development strategies and bringing forward new communities. We are passionate about addressing both the climate and ecological crises in our work whilst ensuring robust, deliverable outcomes.
The Mace Placemaking Team is recruiting an Urban Designer to join their growing business.
The ideal candidate should have worked on large scale masterplanning comprising town centre mixed use urban regeneration. They should have a good understanding of urban and suburban residential development. The candidate should also ideally have an understanding of, and experience in, resident/community engagement. Knowledge of estate regeneration would also be useful.
We envisage the preferred tool would be REVIT to integrate early stage feasibility work with delivery. The candidate should therefore highlight experience/knowledge REVIT as well as excellent graphic communication skills using the Adobe Suite.
- Working under Senior Urban Designers and the Head of Urban Design and working on RIBA stages 0-3 of projects;
- Providing design support in a variety of project types;
- Assisting in the work winning process by providing technical support to the Mace bid team and where requested fulfil the role of bid lead;
- Managing individual projects with support from the team leadership;
- Assisting the Head of Urban Design and the Design Director in the implementation of continuous improvement programmes;
- Seeking out innovative ways of working and identifying research to expand the body of knowledge in the industry;
- Develop early concept models using Autodesk REVIT;
- Interfacing with design teams/designers both within and outside of a specific projects structure;
- Leading continual team knowledge development by managing a programme of CPD/site visits;
- Interfacing with third parties including statutory approving bodies on design related matters.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
- Friendly and creative team player, and open to sharing ideas;
- Able to work under pressure, use initiative and manage their time;
- Out of the box thinker and happy to work in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Excellent drawing and graphic skills, with the ability to produce diagrams, design reports and presentations;
- The candidate should have worked in private practice on UK urban regeneration/ masterplanning projects;
- Knowledge of the UK planning system;
- Focus on housing-led design;
- Interest in MMC;
- Extensive proven experience in delivering projects at various scales;
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English, such as report writing;
- Strong CAD/REVIT/GIS/Adobe skills.
- Postgraduate degree in Urban Design or degree in complementary field with good experience in Urban Design.
Please apply through the Mace careers site - https://careers.macegroup.com/gb/en/search-results and emailed direct to email@example.com