Urban Designers across various levels
Looking to work on exciting UK projects that deliver genuine public good and work for a supportive multi-disciplinary SME?
After multiple project wins, we are seeking enthusiastic urban designers with UK experience to join our team at Urban Designer, Senior and Principal level.
We are currently looking for urban designers to join our team based in London (although we can consider applicants across all of our UK offices including Manchester, Edinburgh and Brighton). You will join a vibrant team and work on major projects across London and the UK, enabling you to advance your career. We will provide you with the support to develop both professionally and personally. We also offer flexible hybrid working.
Project Centre is a landscape architecture, urban design and engineering consultancy that is passionate about creating places that are attractive, innovative, sustainable and safe. Our Landscape and Urban Design team design masterplans, town centres, public realm, parks and squares across a range of scales and contexts. The majority of our work is for public sector clients, with projects delivering genuine public good. Our friendly and social team have qualifications in urban design, landscape architecture, architecture and planning.
We are looking for urban designers with ideally 2-10+ years’ experience for roles at Urban Designer, Senior and Principal level. Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent, ideally in architecture or landscape architecture with a post-graduation qualification in Urban Design
- UK experience to ideally cover some of the following:
- Urban design and masterplanning across of a range of contexts and scales, ideally including town centre and high street regeneration studies
- Urban design briefs and frameworks, ideally for local authority clients
- Design codes, public realm design guides and other design guidance
- Masterplanning residential-led schemes and urban design input into outline and hybrid planning applications and Design and Access Statements
- Feasibility studies, with some working knowledge of architectural layouts for apartments and houses
- Senior and Principal candidates should have experience in managing internal and external project teams and budgets
Project Centre were named CIHT’s Employer of the Year in 2021. We recognise our greatest strength is the people we employ, and we are committed to developing talent and providing staff with the skills and knowledge they need to not only do their job well now, but to equip them for life as their careers unfold. We care about our colleagues and part of that is to help every employee to achieve a healthy work-life balance.
If you aspire to really making a difference and want to work with great colleagues whilst advancing your career, then Project Centre could be the place for you.
More details of the roles and how to apply can be found on our website