Are you looking for a new challenge in 2022?
Due to expanding workload we are looking for a talented Urban Designer and Senior Urban Designer to join our multi-disciplinary design practice to work on an exciting range of masterplanning, urban design and regeneration projects across the South West and beyond.
The roles are based in our Exeter or Plymouth studios, with opportunities for agile and flexible working.
Candidates should ideally have a minimum two years to five years post degree experience, have excellent communication, team working and organisational skills, and also be able to demonstrate a high standard of design and ability to develop urban design proposals from concept through to detailed design.
Ideal candidates will have a demonstrable track record of:
- Team working within private practice / consultancy or a commercial housebuilding operation.
- Visioning and masterplanning for both large strategic and small sites (experience in urban regeneration and urban infill would be an advantage).
- A commercially astute approach to residential and commercial layout design.
- Producing drawn and written information in support of outline, reserved matters and full detailed planning applications.
- Excellent inter-personal and inter-disciplinary skills.
- Self-motivated with an excellent eye for detail.
- A working knowledge of elements of the planning system that affect design and an ability to adapt to specific local authority design guidance.
Candidates will hold a relevant qualification and have knowledge and competence of the Adobe suite (particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) and CAD software. Experience of SketchUp would also be an advantage.
Salary and Benefits
We are a friendly and open team, and take the welfare of our staff seriously. We strive to provide an excellent work-life balance which allows you to take full advantage of the beautiful coast, cities and countryside within the southwest region. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension
- Flexible/Agile working
- Generous Annual Leave
- Inhouse and external CPD and training programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Support with professional fees
If you would like an information conversation about the roles please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Paul Osborne, Urban Designer Director.
To apply, please email a covering letter, CV and portfolio of recent, relevant work for the attention of Fleur Morley to email@example.com - Deadline Friday 25 February.
No agencies please.