We are recruiting for a Senior or Principal Urban Designer to join our Design team in Cambridge. Whether you are a Masterplanner, Layout Designer, Architect and/or an Urban Designer we would love to hear from you as we seek to appoint the best suited candidate to work with us on an array of exciting, complex projects stretching across a variety of sectors.
As part of a leading UK multi-disciplinary development consultancy, Pegasus Group’s Design works on significant projects across the UK. More information on the breadth of our design services and project can be found here: https://www.pegasusgroup.co.uk/our-expertise/design/
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a strong team of designers and architects and to work on urban design and planning work, feasibility studies, master planning, development briefs and design strategies across residential, mixed-use schemes and many other sectors.
We are looking for candidates that can demonstrate the following:
- Work experience in private practice / consultancy or a commercial housebuilding operation.
- Work experience in visioning, masterplanning for large and small sites and residential layout design.
- Producing drawn and written information in support of outline, full and reserved matters planning applications.
- Excellent inter-personal and inter-disciplinary skills.
- Self-motivated with an excellent eye for detail.
- A working knowledge of the planning system with an ability to interpret and adapt to specific local authority design guidance.
- Hold a relevant qualification and have knowledge of CAD software packages. Experience in Vectorworks (CAD) and/or Sketchup would be an advantage.
Salary and Benefits
Since 2003, Pegasus Group have grown consistently, enjoying a reputation in the market for excellence and delivery. We know we have achieved this through the excellent staff that we employ and work with you to ensure that individual contribution and achievements are recognised.
We offer an excellent remuneration and overall benefits package including:
- Competitive salary and regular reviews
- Contractual bonus scheme
- 7% salary contribution towards your pension in a reputable scheme
- Generous annual leave including several gift days during the Christmas period.
- Private health insurance scheme and life assurance for all our employees.
- Regular employee events – Social, fundraising, CPD, networking, conferences
- Continued support with employee wellbeing, flexible working, and career development.
- Reward Hub Staff Discounts
- Plus so much more…
Health and wellbeing are important to us. We provide a flexible and supportive working environment designed to help you to reach your full potential and ensure a positive work life balance. We are committed to helping all of our staff to reach their full potential and support with a range of training and development initiatives throughout their whole career, enabling people to progress through Graduate right up to Executive Director.
At Pegasus Group we have no doubt that diversity is at the core of being a successful company. That’s why we are working hard to build and maintain the culture of inclusion and belonging we have today. We want every single person in our community to be able to bring their authentic and best self to work every day.
Our people are all unique in every sense, and we collaborate to generate ideas to create brilliant products and consumer experiences. We care about each other, our communities around them and our clients. That’s why we don’t shy away from celebrating our people by shining a light on their uniqueness. Inclusion is an ever-evolving state and Pegasus are determined to keep making a difference.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application by clicking ‘apply now’.
Make sure to include a copy of your most up to date CV and cover letter outlining your experience and skill set to date and why you are interested in applying for this role. Ref: DE-CAM-240522