Senior Landscape Architect
Lavigne Lonsdale is a successful, award winning 20-year-old practice that is expanding. We are a southwest based Masterplanning, Urban Design, Landscape and Architectural practice working on a wide range of exciting projects across the south of England.
We now have a vacancy for a candidate with strong design and communication skills for our Truro Studio. It is a fantastic opportunity to work in Cornwall and enjoy all the benefits of a work / life balance while living by the sea.
SENIOR QUALIFIED LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT / URBAN DESIGNER
We are seeking a talented Chartered Landscape Architect (CMLI) to join our growing architectural/ landscape & urban design team in Truro. You will need to be based in Cornwall or willing to travel to Cornwall regularly.
The successful candidate will have undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in landscape architecture and will be a chartered member of the Landscape Institute with around 3 years post CMLI experience within the UK and will provide the following skills (Note: confident candidates with suitable experience who are on the Pathway could also apply). An additional qualification and/or experience in urban design would be beneficial and something to consider and demonstrate that you have good working knowledge.
Our portfolio covers all scales of projects. The ability to work on and manage large scale masterplanning projects, LVIA’s and detail landscape & public realm design would be ideal for us.
- 1-5 yrs experience as CMLI
- UK experience working on a wide range of projects at all scales
- A passion for good design and successful placemaking
- Capability of working on a varied portfolio of work including masterplans, detail design and LVIAs
- Proven ability to manage resources and large-scale projects and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent design skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation
- Proven technical ability and understanding of UK legislation and standards
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Self-motivated and client focused
- Confident freehand drawing skills
- CAD skills in either AutoCAD or Revit
- Graphic skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign;
- Good report writing skills
- Software experience using NBS and BIM planting programs
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, excellent working conditions in a small friendly office environment
Candidates should email a CV and up to 10 x A3 examples of work or pages of portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring transmissions do not exceed 10Mgb in size and that this is in the form of no more than two documents ie. CV and examples of work. Interviews will be in August as the position is for an immediate start.
For an informal chat, please call Martyn Lonsdale or Nick Fish on 01872 273118.
Lavigne Lonsdale is an Equal Opportunities Employer