Associate / Associate Director
We have opportunities for experienced urban designers with 7-10 years’ experience to join our multi-disciplinary team of urban designers, architects and planners. We are looking for maternity cover and / or a permanent urban designer at Associate Director / Associate level.
While we have an office in London, we are offering flexible, hybrid working arrangements on a full or part-time basis.
We are an employee-owned practice and work for a wide range of private and public clients on a broad mix of projects. These range from large scale masterplans, new settlements, town centre regeneration, design coding, spatial strategies and policy documents to smaller scale arts, and community developments.
We have a strong design ethos and adopt a positive and collaborative approach to delivering people and planet-friendly places. We are looking for a new team member that will bring the following skills and experience:
- Sound knowledge of urban design, masterplanning and the planning system.
- Experience in securing projects from private and /or public sector clients.
- Experience in managing all aspects of projects, working with an inhouse team and external consultants.
- Good design skills (with ideally an architectural background) and be able to advise clients towards the best design solution (RIBA stage 1 and 2); and
- Pro-active and motivated to manage people and projects, work collaboratively and help us develop business opportunities.
We will offer a competitive salary to match your skills and experience.
Check out our Instagram at @tibbalds and our website at tibbalds.co.uk.
How to apply:
Please email a letter of application, your CV and up to 5 A4 pages with examples of your work that show projects that you have led to a successful outcome, to Darren Smith at email@example.com before Monday 29 August 2022.
Tibbalds Planning and Urban Design is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
No approaches from agencies please.