An experienced and creative Urban Designer is sought to join our Manchester studio.
Urban Green is seeking a talented and experienced Urban Designer to join our multi-disciplinary team, in response to an increase in secured contracts. Our current portfolio includes a wide variety of projects and clients particularly in the housing and urban regeneration sectors.
You will lead all urban design related matters; interpreting client briefs, adopting creative design solutions and adding value. You will have proven project management and delivery experience, with strong client/stakeholder engagement skills. You will draw upon a strong working knowledge of the planning system and UK design standards.
- Post-graduate qualification in urban design with a background in architecture, landscape architecture or planning (or have significant relevant experience in the field of planning / urban design experience in lieu of a professional qualification);
- 2+ years’ urban design experience of delivering projects of various scales;
- Lead and manage on all urban design related matters;
- Experience of delivering written reps, site promotion, outline planning and detailed planning across the following sectors; residential, commercial, mixed-use and industrial;
- Experience of stakeholder consultation;
- Ability to interpret briefs and develop strong concepts;
- Ability to innovate, provide solutions and add value;
- Deliver design excellence and design flair;
- Strong working knowledge of the planning system and UK design standards;
- Excellent illustrative and presentation skills;
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills;
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Friendly and creative team player, and open to sharing ideas;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines;
- Flexibility and willingness to work across a range of projects;
- Excellent CAD (2D and 3D), Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp skills; and
- Assist in business development activities and fee proposals relating to urban design as required.
Urban Green offers a competitive rewards and benefits package, access to a range of individual and professional development opportunities and the guarantee of an engaging and supportive working environment. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
How to Apply
Please send a bespoke and compelling covering letter and CV/portfolio by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is 31 May 2022. No postal copies. No agencies.