An experienced and creative Urban Designer is sought to join our Manchester studio.
Urban Green is seeking a talented and experienced urban designer to join our multi-disciplinary team, in response to an increase in secured contracts. Our current portfolio includes a wide variety of projects and clients particularly in the housing and urban regeneration sectors.
You will lead all urban design related matters; interpreting client briefs, adopting creative design solutions and adding value. You will have proven project management and delivery experience, with strong client/stakeholder engagement skills. You will draw upon a strong working knowledge of the planning system and UK design standards.
- Post-graduate qualification in urban design with a background in architecture, landscape architecture or planning (or have significant relevant experience in the field of planning / urban design experience in lieu of a professional qualification)
- 5 years’ minimum urban design experience having delivered projects at various scales/sectors
- Lead on urban design related matters
- Experience of stakeholder consultation
- Ability to interpret briefs and develop strong concepts
- Ability to innovate, provide solutions and add value
- Deliver design excellence and design flair
- Strong working knowledge of the planning system and UK design standards
- Excellent illustrative and presentation skills
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Friendly and creative team player, and open to sharing ideas
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to work across a range of projects
- Excellent CAD (2D and 3D), Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp skills
- Assist in business development activities and fee proposals relating to urban design as required
Urban Green offers a competitive rewards and benefits package, access to a range of individual and professional development opportunities and the guarantee of an engaging and supportive working environment. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
How to Apply
Please send a bespoke and compelling covering letter and CV/portfolio, clearly demonstrating examples of regeneration and urban/suburban masterplanning by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date is 31 January 2021. No postal copies. No agencies.