We are seeking a creative Urban Designer to join our urban design team based in our Solent office in Eastleigh.
Since opening the office in 2020, the Solent Team have successfully completed an array of diverse projects in residential, commercial and leisure schemes with a wide-ranging portfolio of clients. With the success of business it has allowed for new areas of growth and as a result the team are seeking to bring on an additional team member to be part of the continued expansion of the Solent office and wider business. This is an exciting opportunity to carve your own path and develop your career progression with the support of your new team.
You will be working closely with a team of designers and be responsible for preparing and overseeing conceptual urban design and planning work, feasibility studies, master planning, development briefs and design strategies for residential and mixed-use schemes for our developers and private clients. You will be expected to manage projects with the ability to meet deadlines, liaise with clients and meet with local authorities and project teams.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate they have the following:
- Working experience within private practice / consultancy, a commercial housebuilding operation or the public sector.
- Experience visioning and masterplanning large and small sites.
- A commercially astute approach to residential layout design and masterplanning.
- Experience producing drawn and written information in support of outline, full and reserved matters planning applications.
- Excellent inter-personal and inter-disciplinary communication skills.
- Self-motivated with an excellent eye for detail.
- A working knowledge of elements of the planning system that affect design and an ability to adapt to specific local authority design guidance.
- Passionate and interested in the built environment and design discipline.
- Interest in graphic design and document production.
If you share our vision and are looking to be part of a well-regarded organisation that offers excellent remuneration and benefits package, as well as an agile and supportive working environment that is designed to enable you to reach your full potential and create flexible work life balance, then we would love to hear from you!
Pegasus Group is an equal opportunities employer, and we are committed to ensuring fairness and equality for all. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading development consultancies and to make a significant contribution to the continued development and success of the business.
About Pegasus Group
Since 2003, Pegasus Group has grown to be a leading development consultancy in the UK.
Our services span the entire project process from planning through to design and delivery, ensuring we achieve optimal results. We have a large, skilled and experienced workforce operating from offices throughout the UK and Ireland. Our approach combines local and national knowledge of the property and development industry providing our clients with an unrivalled understanding of what is required to make their schemes successful.
Our integrated teams combine knowledge and expertise from a wide variety of sectors. We have worked on some of the UK’s highest profile projects, developing excellent relationships with our clients and winning awards in the process.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your most up to date CV along with examples of your recent, relevant work to email@example.com