Broadway Malyan’s Urbanism Team is one of the world’s leading masterplanning and urban design consultancies, working on a number of major commissions in both the UK and overseas. We are seeking an enthusiastic Urban Designer to assist in growing our team.
Broadway Malyan is a global architecture, urbanism and design practice dedicated to creating cities, buildings and places that will provide a lasting legacy. Through a shared design ethos, we work together to create places with a strong sense of identity where people and communities want to live, learn, shop, work and relax.
Our collaborative approach to integrated sustainable design has enabled us to deliver award-winning projects at all scales across the world. Every project, from a strategic city plan to the craftmanship of a balustrade, reflects our passion for quality design and place-making.
As an employee-owned practice, we are able to create an inclusive culture where everyone has a strong sense of engagement and shared responsibility in the future of our business.
We are committed to investing and inspiring our people, so we can attract and retain the best talent to strengthen our reputation as both a design practice and an employer of choice.
If you have the talent and passion and want to draw your inspiration from working within a community of active minds, it is likely that we have a place for you at Broadway Malyan.
Urban Designer with between 3–5 years post qualification experience with proven work experience and passion for place-making.
The candidate will require the following core competencies:
- Recognised professional qualification in masterplanning / urban design and / or related field
- An additional interest and qualification in landscape design will be advantageous
- Previous experience of working in a design practice.
- Proven experience of completing deliverables to a high standard and to deadlines
- Strong design, sketching and presentation skills
- Good report writing skills
- Enthusiastic team player
- Ability to support liaison with clients and extract briefing information
- Good knowledge of urban design best practice
- Able to co-ordinate design with associated consultants such as transport and utility engineers
- Fluent in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and MS Office
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your CV to email@example.com quoting the relevant job title in the subject line. You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this vacancy.
Broadway Malyan is an equal opportunities employer