Membership + Events Co-ordinator
The Urban Design Group is a membership charity open to all who care about the quality of life in our cities, towns and villages and believe that raising standards of urban design is central to its improvement. We offer our members a range of benefits including regular events (currently via zoom) and networking opportunities, along with an annual Conference and Awards. We also promote and support a number of initiatives promoting the importance of good urban design.
We are a small friendly team based in Cowcross Street, Farringdon with a committed Executive Committee which meets on a monthly basis and an Editorial Board which delivers the highly respected URBAN DESIGN journal on a quarterly basis.
We are looking for a part time administrator to work to the Manager and Director. The role is varied and would best suit someone with a muck-in attitude and a willingness to be flexible. Like most administrative roles a lot of the work requires attention to detail and accuracy but there are also opportunities for more creative thinking.
Duties will include:
- Membership enquiries and support
- Support and running of evening events as required, online and face to face (when safe to do so)
- Some website administration: job postings, creating directory profiles, events calendar
- Aiding in updating process documentation for the running of the office
- Support for Executive Committee meetings
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Thorough with attention to detail
- Good IT competency - Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Lockdowns permitting, the successful candidate will work from our Cowcross Street office.
This is initially a part time role, equivalent of three days a week. We can flexible in how those days are distributed across the week and could accommodate 5 short days for example. There is also the opportunity for a proactive person to demonstrate their value in a full time role.
Salary circa £24k pro-rata depending on experience.
Please apply by email to email@example.com with UDG - Administrator in title bar with your CV and a cover letter. Let us know what you think you can bring to the role and why you might enjoy it.
PLEASE, NO AGENCIES - THANK YOU