DAP Architecture Ltd is an RIBA Chartered architectural practice based in London and Chelmsford who pride themselves on top quality consultancy, design, and service. Our practice is well experienced in a variety of backgrounds ranging from housing, commercial, education, leisure, mixed-use developments, listed and conservation, and major urban design schemes.
Due to an increasing workload and an exciting period of growth, DAP is looking to expand its team and is looking for a talented and highly motivated urban designer or layout designer.
The successful candidate will have strong and proven design capability, be an organised team player with an ability to operate well under pressure and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
Role & Responsibilities
Core responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Working closely with housebuilder clients to design large scale residential projects with particular emphasis on RIBA Work Stages 0-3
- Managing and coordinating a project team of both in-house staff and external consultants
- Forecasting and coordinating project resource and workflow
- Preparing and coordinating planning documentation
- Liaising closely with clients and local authorities to exceed expectations
Required Skills & Experience
- Postgraduate degree in Urban Design is desirable
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and AutoCAD, plus 3D modelling software such as Revit
- A strong portfolio demonstrating proven design ability and excellent presentation skills
- 5+ years’ experience in professional practice or post-Part 3 Experience in urban design/masterplanning and knowledge of good placemaking principles
- Experience of working on large scale residential projects for major housebuilders is essential.
Salary & Package
A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate, dependent on experience. Additional benefits include on-site car parking, payment of professional memberships and a generous holiday entitlement.
DAP Architecture promotes a culture of support and growth in every aspect of the business and regularly includes employees in key decision-making.
The practice has a healthy social aspect, including a large annual Christmas event and variety of sporting and social activities held throughout the year. The practice also offers a variety of meeting and breakout spaces, pool table, Playstation and a Gym.
To apply, please email email@example.com and include a covering letter, C.V. and portfolio. This should be in PDF format and no larger than 10MB in size.