As a long established, highly respected and award-winning urban design and planning practice, David Lock Associates’ portfolio of exciting projects continues to expand. We are now looking to recruit experienced masterplanners to work on some of the UK’s most significant growth and regeneration challenges, for prestigious and forward-thinking clients.
Based in Milton Keynes for more than 30 years, we operate nationwide, assisting public and private sector clients in the creative endeavour of shaping geography, places and spaces for the enrichment of users.
DLA’s masterplanners and urban designers have backgrounds in architecture, landscape architecture, planning, graphic design and science, and together work at all scales as part of an integrated team, practicing alongside exceptional planners, graphic designers, GIS experts and 3D visualisers in a friendly and supportive studio environment.
Our well-rounded team brings enthusiasm and skill to our projects to deliver outstanding results. Our approach is bespoke and contextually driven by the site and brief, and we take many of our projects from inception to delivery.
What’s on offer
We aim to provide opportunities for dedicated and ambitious people to achieve great things. We employ people who like to be stretched, and who are not afraid to express an opinion or step forward to take on new challenges. Our low staff turnover is a good indicator of the potential to grow a fulfilling and stimulating career here, whilst building rewarding professional relationships and lasting friendships. There are no bars to progression, including to the Partner’s Board, for committed and successful professionals.
In return, we offer competitive salaries, generous pension contributions, annual profit share, up to 30 days annual leave, additional long service leave, flexible working arrangements, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, mobility allowance, a medical insurance scheme and many other benefits. Our business is 100% owned by an Employee Benefit Trust on behalf of all of our employees, which means that only we share the rewards of our hard work.
We are interested in hearing from applicants who are leaders in their field and who can clearly demonstrate the following:
- evidence of operating at a senior level within a private practice, including responsibility for securing new clients (both private and public) and growing business activity;
- an abundant track record in masterplanning for large scale strategic growth and major regeneration projects, including the preparation of master plans for major planning applications, including urban expansion/new communities, and town centres;
- examples of managing the work of multi-disciplinary teams;
- good inter-personal skills, with experience of leading teams, nurturing junior colleagues and building strong client relationships;
- a developed profile in our field of work with strong networks and relationships with co-consultants;
- a relevant qualification and a good understanding of the English planning system; and
- excellent drawn, written and presentation skills using a range of media.
Candidates should apply in writing to Roz Collier at firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 January. Your application must include a letter which gives a flavour of your ambitions and your reasons for applying to DLA, a CV (maximum of 2 sides of A4), and a portfolio showing examples that are relevant to our work.
If you would like to discuss this role, please contact email@example.com in the first instance.
No recruitment agencies please.