Urban Design Assistant - Barton Willmore
Barton Willmore is the UK’s leading independent Planning and Design consultancy, led by 21 Partners and employing around 350 employees in 12 regional offices across the UK.
The Manchester office has grown rapidly since it opened in 2011 and now consists of seven Town Planners, an Urban Designer, and a Secretary.
Full time permanent position
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented, creative and passionate Urban Design Assistant to join the team to work on medium and large scale residential and mixed use development masterplans and layouts for UK projects.
The successful candidate will be design orientated and will have excellent technical skills and a strong team capability.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working on UK projects, supporting with residential planning applications
- Conducting site, context and character appraisals to inform the design for new developments
- Working up masterplan drawings, design strategies and detailed illustrations to support design principles
- Producing indicative layouts for either parts of or whole developments
- Colouring drawings by hand or using design software
- Supporting with the production and testing of concepts for the arrangement of land uses on site
- Supporting with the production of comprehensive design and access statements comprising written and graphic outputs
- Assisting the team to produce comprehensive Design Codes
- Liaising with other technical professionals to ensure technical deliverability of projects
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a knowledge of Urban Design best practice and UK planning policy
- Be experienced in using design software including AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketchup, Illustrator and Microsoft Packages
- Be able to produce detailed work to a specific brief within tight deadlines
- Have a strong eye for detail
- Have an awareness and interest in developing sustainable communities
- Have excellent team working skills
- Be a good communicator
- Be willing to learn new skills and techniques
- Be organised and have good time management skills
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity and have the required skills and experience then we would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com, including details on your availability to start the position should you be successful and information on your current salary.
If you require any further information please call 0118 943 0000.
The closing date for this position is Friday 21st April
Urban Design Jobs
Upcoming UDG Events
Unless otherwise stated, all events are held in The Gallery, 70 Cowcross Street, London EC1M 6EJ at 6.30 pm.
Tickets can be purchased at the door from 6.00pm: £3.00 for UDG members and £7.00 non-members; £1.00 for UDG member students and £3.00 non-member students.