Urban Designer/Master Planner - Dar Al-Handasah
A leading international, multidisciplinary consultant with offices in London and throughout the Gulf States, Middle East and Africa, is seeking to recruit Urban Designers/Masterplanners to work in its London Design office. Though the post is based in London, there may be opportunities for travel and work outside the UK. The candidates are likely to have a between 3 and 10 year’s experience of working in a multi-disciplinary design environment and be flexible, adaptable and to work well under pressure.
The role will involve:
- Leading or assisting in the design and production of large scale master planning and urban design projects;
- Co-ordinating and managing the technical inputs of other consultants within the business, the Dar Group and external consultants;
- Assisting in the preparation of reports and creating presentations, drawings and other deliverables and ensuring that they are submitted on time and to the highest quality achievable;
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals for new projects;
Candidates should have:
- A bachelor degree in Urban Planning or Architecture and a postgraduate degree/diploma in Urban Design;
- Excellent design and presentation skills with a high attention to detail;
- Initiative, motivation and excellent team working skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- A good knowledge of current best design practice and sustainable development;
Preference will be given to candidates with experience of projects in the Gulf States and Middle East. Candidates with strong sketching ability will be particularly welcomed.
Candidates will be expected to travel overseas at short notice for short and long-term assignments of up to 3 months. Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English.
Please send CV and samples of their previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Urban Design Jobs
Upcoming UDG Events
Unless otherwise stated, all events are held in The Gallery, 70 Cowcross Street, London EC1M 6EJ at 6.30 pm.
Tickets can be purchased at the door from 6.00pm: £3.00 for UDG members and £7.00 non-members; £1.00 for UDG member students and £3.00 non-member students.